Tuesday, August 22, 2006

Launch of USS Lionhart

In a few days my latest Lux map, USS Lionhart, will be uploaded. This is possibly my favourite map so far, and definitely the hardest to do, entailing some 4 or 5 hours of high-zoom detailed architectural drawing in Adobe InDesign. Even though all I needed for the final output was a 72 dpi (screen resolution) image, in order to get it looking right when transparency layers were made, I needed good resolution originals to work from. There are many sets of deck plans available on the web for ships such as USS Enterprise, but these are copyrighted to Paramount Pictures - in order to be able to use the idea in Lux it needed to be a totally original creation. The end result? Pretty good I think. Click on the pictures below for better look at the final product, and some of the detailed work that went into it!


8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, you have way too much time on your hands. can't wait to play it.

Anonymous said...

Sir Holo from Lux said:

Wow! Looks incredible from the preview. Can't wait to see it. And PLAY it!

Anonymous said...

You are freakin awesome...thank you for such a great map! :)

-- Arthur J. Knapp / AdmiralNovia

Anonymous said...

Too much time on your hands, combined with an obviously nerdy fascination for the Star Trek Universe, along with good knowledge of Copyrighted imagery, in addition to an attention to detail similar to the top brainsurgeons of the world, has in all honesty, created what is, in my humble opinion, quite probably the BEST LUX MAP in the whole world. (Or should that be Universe?)

Anyway, congratulations and keep up the good work. Can we expect to see a Star Wars, Death Star themed map next? Hmmm, now, there's an idea!

Anonymous said...

This map is awesome! I hope to see Part 2 soon. Thanks.

Anonymous said...

Eagerly waiting for the next map!

GKo said...

Thanks for all the hard work on this. My daughter and I played it not realizing how long it would take. Love the detail and a Star Trek ship! Funny when planes fly over in attacks.

Rick James said...

Fantastic map! I've played it hundreds of times over the years....
I'd love to chat sometime if you're able to? Please e-mail me at: rick(at)noe dot ca to coordinate. :)